Tuesday 18 August 2009

It's time to die - Part III

A small flash back from Part I & II

When I came out of the Ayyappan Temple in Trichy, some gangsta started chasing me. I made every effort I could and escaped from them; got into the Villupuram bus. The gang got lost amongst the busy crowd in the bus stand.

http://sabariprasad.blogspot.in/2009/08/it-time-to-die-part-i_09.html

Met my sweety in the bus. Sat next to her and started singing duet with her in dreams. Of course, my mind voice was disturbing me all the way.

http://sabariprasad.blogspot.in/2009/08/it-time-to-die-part-ii_12.html

Now to Part III begins...
The final leap to Death



"Hey, did you said I was disturbing you..."

"Yes, of course, you were"

"No buddy, you have completely misunderstood and creating a wrong image of me amongst the readers. I admit that I have used foul languages on you on few occasions, but all the way I have been helping you. I said not to turn you face on those gangsta. I gave idea to reach the bus stand very quickly. Most importantly, I gave you the opportunity and enough courage to go and meet the sweety"

"Ok, ok. you are helpful. However you didn't create or give opportunity for me to meet her. It was all fate"

"Oh, really. Tell you what. Inspite of you being so rude at me always, I am still trying to help you. Even now I am working in your favor if could you lower your voice down"

"Why?"

"Don't you feel a soft rose bud on your shoulder... Are you so much concentrated to fight on me or are you that much sleepy?"

Then only I realized it. My sweety, my one and only sweety was sleeping on my shoulders.

"Adan gokka makka, intha kodumaiya kekka yaarumey illaiya...Aiyoo..he is saying her as one and only sweety. I guess this should be his 5th one and only sweety. Last time he was staring at a girl continously for one hour from Arani to Chetpet."

"Hey..you..don't you dare to tell those things"

"I'm definitely going to tell to them. This will be my last chance I can speak to them (May be in next story my character will not be there. Oh god! Enna kodumai sir ithu...Inner voice'key inner voice ah)..hmm..back to story...She got into bus at Arani along with three or four friends. She was standing 7 seats before and this guy didn't even care to chat with his friend Suren but kept on looking her."

"That's fine for the story, I guess. Let me enjoy my moments with sweety here and don't forget to tell them that the girl looked at me at Gingee bus stand. She showed me to her friends happily that I was the guy who was disturbing her mind for that one hour. In fact, I should have dared and spoke to her that day"

By this time bus has crossed Janagipuram Railway gate. The road was not properly laid there. As the bus travelled through the soon-to-be extended four lane road, sweety woke up. She blushed to see sleeping on my shoulders and immediately sat straight in silence.

"oh, Holy god. her one blush could sweep me to heaven"

Bus had reached the Villiupuram bus stand. But it went directly to the Chennai bus departure place. I couldn't get down at the bus stand entrance as I was too tired. I could feel the pain in my legs for sitting so long as if I am a 60 year old person. Must have been because I am so tall to sit in this seat and had to insert my legs underneath the front seat to have a more leg space, I thought.

"Yeah man, you have lot of thinking going on. May be you are right, that's why the lady felt so comfortable to sleep on your shoulders"

This time It was me who blushed and I couldn't control it.

"Ok buddy, it's enough. It looks ugly when you blush. You are a romantic person but never had a romantic look..."

"Hey..you..what the hell..how can you that..am I not....wait..where are you going. I am not finished with you"

"Sorry buddy, time's up. Thanks for the company. Good bye"

I had promised for a surprise shock in It's time to die - Part II (The Road to Romance). So far you would have seen movie with two different climax. One with an happy ending and another with a sad ending. But never you would've read a story with two different routes to a climax. The climax will be same but the journeys are different here. Let's begin...

Journey 1

I was so confused."why would he tell like that. My inner voice cannot say good bye to me". But I kept my thoughts aside and got down from the bus. I could see my sweety getting down from the bus with her dad. Again small butterflies started flying in my stomach.

With a gentle breeze in the night, I started walking towards the Bus stand Police station. My dad used to park his bike in front of the station and wait for me. He would eagerly wait for every bus entering in the bus stand and check if I am getting down from any of them. Today it would have been really tiresome for him. Most of the Chennai buses were coming inside instead of stopping at the entrance to drop down the passengers. I could see the passengers eagerly waiting to land on their home town land inside the bus. Some were eagerly watching out for their relatives through the windows.

The pathway was real dark and few people were sleeping on the floor. I had walk carefully not to disturb them. Even the public display TV's hanging from the wall have gone silent. There were no more "Kanniga Parameswari" or "Mahalakshmi Silks" Advertisement repeated for 140th time. I could see my dad standing near that police station. He was standing under the street light making him clearly visible just in case If I am seeing him from the bus. He was also eagerly watching all the buses coming inside the bus stand to get a glimpse of me through the windows.

I walked so fast towards him with heart full of joy. I was few feet away to reach him. Suddenly I heard a lot of foot steps behind like some people running towards me. I saw the most scariest look on my dad's face. His face had gone white as if he had seen a ghost. I was sure that something was happening behind and turned back to have a look.

"No don't look back, just get the hell out of here" - it sounded as if it was my mind voice was repeating the same words as in Trichy. I had ignored once and encountered a life threat. I didn't want that to happen again. But it was too late when I had reached that decision. I had already turned and could see five people chasing a big fat guy. Some weapons were glittering shiny in the small amount of light in that dark night.

It all happened in a fraction of a second. That big fat guy almost fell on me. He had managed to get up somehow but the lengthy sharp daggers came down on me. The next second I could see that fat guy running for his life. The Penta (?!?) even more shocked than me stood there with their daggers which had great satisfaction of tasting the blood after two days. I could hardly shout and tried to turn around and walk towards my dad. He was calling out loud "Magane" and running towards me.

There were lot of thoughts and confusion going on in my mind by then. When I took the next step, the whole world was slipping under my feet. I fell at his feet with my whole body falling on the dust with a big 'bang'.

Journey 2

I was so confused."Why would he tell like that. My inner voice cannot say good bye to me". But I kept my mind aside and got down from the bus. I could see my sweety getting down from the bus with her dad. Again small butterflies started flying in my stomach.

But this time it was defintely not because of romance. The dad, actually a guy who standing next to her seemed more young now and my..my...I couldn't believe that my sweety is now wearing a saree and also a mangal sutra in her neck. But I remember seeing her as a young girl in churidhar inside the bus. How come she became 10 years more aged and the dad 10 years younger.

They walked past me and stopped for a tea in a shop next to the police station. I saw someone standing there waiting for me with his bike. Somewhere in the basic block of memory, I remembered a young lad who used to wait for me there . But couldn't remember clearly or I was not able to see his face clearly from that distance. The sweet lady and the guy were enquiring something showing hands towards me. They spoke a bit louder, but I could hear it very low even in that clear noiseless night.

I was more confused. "Are they a married couple? Let me turn and check it..."

"No don't look back, just get the hell out of here" - it sounded as if it was my mind voice was repeating the same words as in Trichy. I had ignored once and encountered a life threat. I didn't want that to happen again. But it was too late when I had reached that decision. I had already turned and could see five guys standing in the tea shop along with them. One told them, "Sir don't mistake him. He has a typical mental disorder who imagines the things that have never happened. He is my friend's dad and you can see his son there waiting for him. He is very old to have a good eye sight and hearing sense. You should not be angry and let him go atleast for his age. He is like a father to your wife".

I heard half of the conversation while crossing them. Now I could hear the remaining clearly when I turned towards them. The words came ringing in my mind.

"I am not deaf. Am I?" "Do I have a mental disorder?" "How elderly am I?"

I had answers already. But the irony is, I had framed the questions from the answers only. I was shocked to see the wrinkles on my skin and it clearly showed my age should be around 60 or 70. I could hardly shout and tried to turn around and walk towards the guy waiting for me. He was calling out "Appa" and running towards me.

I had felt an ache already in my left chest when I turned towards the tea shop. It grew and the pain had aggrevated by now. When I took the next step, the whole world was slipping under my feet. I fell at his feet with my whole body falling on the dust with a big 'bang'.


Moral of the story

Everyone has their own time to die. If it's not time yet, you will survive even you fall right into a shark's mouth.

Author's note




Thanks for all my friends for having reading this story very patiently. And No...Don't guess..I never got any idea/ inspiration from any movie.

I wrote this story three years ago during my travel from Trichy in Tamil. This story is inter-twined with some of personal experiences like Feeling the spiritual silence after coming out of Trichy Ayyappan temple, Playing in Poombukar beach as a kid, Staring a girl for an hour in the bus ;) , My dad waiting for me eagerly in the bus stand with bike parked near Police station etc., I had also vent the anger on myself with a character called mind voice or inner voice. I never had this character in my original tamil script though. May be that's the reason why the story had become so long enough to be posted as three parts.

Pardon me for using foul language in Part I. It came out in a flow and nothing intentionally written. After my friends' advice I had made a more neat part II and III, I would say. I like to write romantic stories. So I had included some romance in the second part.
Part III climax was different in the orginal script. I made some changes and posted it as journey 2 and a new journey 1 to the climax.
Hope you all enjoyed it. Thanks for the support. I will be back with some short stories and a Police thriller based on Vellore.

No comments:

Post a Comment